29.08.1979 - 31.10.2014
Loan Market Cannington was started by Damien and his wife Nicole in 2008.
Damien started his career as a Mortgage Broker, on a part-time basis while being employed as Financial Controller for a company in the mining industry.
It was not long before Damien realised that this Mortgage Broking industry was the career he wanted, and therefore purchased and set up offices in Cannington.
Damien was very successful because he knew the industry, and worked tirelessly to achieve the best results for his clients.
Some of the achievements were as follows:
- 2015 – Loan Market Elite Performer 2015
- 2015 – Damien Mills Community Service Award
- 2014 – Loan Market Top 20 International Individual
- 2013 – Loan Market High Achiever
- 2013 – Loan Market Brokers Choice Award
- 2013 – Top Broker – Ray White business based on volume
- 2012 – Loan Market High Achiever
- 2012 – Loan Market Brokers Choice Award
- 2012 – Top Broker – Ray White business based on volume
Apart from his time with his family Damien had three other passions:
- Going to the football and following the West Coast Eagles
- A day at the races or trots
- Enjoying a beer with his mates (Australia Day was one of those days)
- Maybe not a passion but did enjoy the occasional night at the Casino. Black 29 was his favorite number
Just before his passing Damien was awarded life membership at the Kenwick Football Club. He was the longest serving Treasurer in the club's history as well as a past player and committee person.
Damien was very well respected by his peers and the Loan Market community. In September 2015 at the Ray White and Loan Market State Award their Community Service Award was renamed the “Damien Mills Community Service Award” in Damien’s honor. Damien also won the award in 2015 for his community service and generous donations to many community groups.
In August 2016 Damien was honored at the National Awards Night of the Loan Market Group by the re-naming of the Brokers’ Choice award to the Corby and Mills Brokers’ Choice Award. Ross Corby also lost his life in tragic circumstances in 2014.
Damien is survived by his wife Nicole and three children Jack Alanna & Alexis.
He was a likeable person who was very much focused in life, whether it was enjoying time with his family, working and helping his client or enjoying fun times with his mates.
The Loan Market Cannington office has continued to grow due to the hard work of Damien before his passing and also the people who have assisted since his passing.
But most of all, the number of existing clients who keep returning to Loan Market Cannington and referring their friends.
This is a true reflection of the past services provided by Damien.