First Home Buyers Grant
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is a Federal Government initiative to encourage first home owners when building a home or purchasing a brand new home. The amount eligible first home buyers receive (tax-free) is $15,000.First Home Owners Grant Eligibility Criteria
- An expert mortgage broker will make sure you qualify for the FHOG and that your grant is paid on settlement. Consider the below eligibility criteria:
- You must occupy the home within 12 months of settlement or within 12 months of building completion if it’s a newly built home.
- The property you buy must be a home and land package or a brand new home
- You or your partner must not have purchased a house, home unit or flat in Australia before.
- You must apply for the grant within 12 months of settlement or building completion.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident buying or building your first home in Australia.