First home buyers grant
The Great Start Grant is a Queensland Government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. You’ll get $15,000 towards buying or building your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000). You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself. It’s a great opportunity to buy or build a new home in our great state.
How a $15,000 Great Start Grant can help you
- If you’re thinking of buying or building a new home, this could be what gets you started
- It could get you something more than you were expecting
- It can get you into your first home sooner
Note: The Great Start Grant is administered under the First Home Owner Grant Act 2000.
First Home Owners Grant Eligibility Criteria
- An expert mortgage broker will make sure you qualify for the FHOG and that your grant is paid on settlement. Consider the below eligibility criteria:
- You must occupy the home within 12 months of settlement or within 12 months of building completion if it’s a newly built home.
- You or your partner must not have purchased a house, home unit or flat in Australia before.
- You must apply for the grant within 12 months of settlement or building completion.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident buying or building your first home in Australia.
State-Based Grants and Concessions
On top of that there are also additional state concessions for first home buyers.