Can I purchase property in Australia as an overseas buyer?
Whether you are an Australian or a non-resident living or working overseas, Loan Market can assess your needs and recommend competitive loan options.
The Australian Government regulates foreign investment in Australia, including investment in property. As a general guideline, overseas buyers will usually be able to purchase properties which are:
- Vacant residential land (to be built on within two years)
- Off-the-plan houses and units
- Under construction or newly constructed houses or units
- Residences for company executives who will be living in Australia
- Property for temporary residents living in Australia for at least 12 months (must be sold prior to leaving Australia)
- Prior to entering into any purchase contract, as an overseas buyer you will need to obtain approval for purchase from the Foreign Investors Review Board.
Foreign investors may also be able to purchase commercial properties, under certain conditions.
Your Loan Market mortgage broker will handle the finance process for you and liaise with your solicitor to maximise your investment return.
How Loan Market can help expats purchase Australian property:
- We have access to competitive Australian lenders who specialise with offshore residents living and working overseas. Rates are often the same as local residents and can be negotiated further depending on loan size.
- Service and communication. Our mortgage brokers work with clients located in all parts of the world, from Dubai to the United Kingdom and all of Asia Pacific. We will get back to you quickly and keep you informed at every step.
- We'll do the leg work for you such as completing paperwork and liaising with solicitors to make the process easy and stress-free.
- We foresee you will lend you more as we understand each lender's criteria.