Loan Market Mortgage Broker servicing Blackburn, Nunawading, Forest Hill and surrounding suburbs
About Michael Mobbs
I have been a Financial Planner and Mortgage Broker since 1992, during which time I have arranged over $300 million in home loans with over 100 different lenders in two different countries. I can provide you with all the information you need to make the right choices on property finance. The service I provide will save you both time and money, and consultations are provided free of any charge or obligation.
15 reasons why you should you use Michael Mobbs, mortgage broker
- I have over 17 years experience. You need the confidence that you are dealing with somebody who knows the industry inside out.
- I'm a Certified Financial Adviser, not just a Mortgage Broker. Buying a house is part of your overall financial plan for your future, so seeking the advice of a financial professional is very important.
- I have a relationship with over 40 lenders including all the major High Street Banks, ensuring you get the most suitable home loan.
- I have access to over 600 fund managers and 12 insurance companies, providing a greater choice of financial vehicles to help build and secure your wealth.
- No call centres. You have my mobile number and can call me anytime you have any questions.
- I am also available in the evenings and weekends. Unlike the banks, I don't shut at 4.30pm.
- Unlimited free market analysis reports for any property or suburb you are interested in (usual cost $89.95 each, via RP Data).
- Unlimited free conveyancing check of any Vendors Statements (Section 32) so you are aware of any issues or concerns prior to making an offer.
- Free â€˜Concierge Service'. I can recommend good Building Inspectors, Pest Inspectors, Conveyancers, Solicitors, Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Buyers Advocates, Quantity Surveyors and Accountants.
- 30 days free building insurance when you buy.
- Annual home loan review to ensure your loans remain competitive. My clients are for life and not just for Christmas.
- Ongoing proactive service and support. Your bank will not call you to let you know they now have a better loan you could switch to, or that the bank next door has a better rate, but I will let you know what is happening in the home loan market on a regular basis.
- Monthly newsletter, keeping you up-to-date with the latest market information as well as financial tips and tricks to help you build your wealth and secure your financial future.
- The growth of my business relies on â€˜word-of-mouth' not major advertising campaigns. My service has to be second-to-none to ensure you feel happy to recommend me.
- My existing clients think you should. Please review some recent testimonials - I've included some throughout this page.
Having received poor service from my existing bank I turned to Michael when I purchased my second property. He not only helped me secure a very attractive rate on my second mortgage but also managed to refinance my existing mortgage at the same rate - all through my own bank! This really highlighted to me the benefits that a good mortgage broker brings to the table: someone that works hard to get you the best deal and values your business. I was particularly impressed by Michael's ongoing commitment to my financial wellbeing, pro-actively contacting me to recommend I switch from a fixed-rate to variable-rate loan before rates started dropping and while exit fees were still low. This is now saving me thousands of dollars per month in interest I would otherwise be paying.
Nick Alexander, Balwyn, VIC
First home buyers
I like to guide and assist first home buyers through the whole home buying process, including:
- property research;
- making an offer and negotiating price;
- explaining loan options and financial terms in plain English;
- completing the paper work for the home loan and first home owner grant applications; and
- driving the whole process by ensuring the lender and solicitor communicate with each other to complete a smooth settlement.
As a financial planner as well as a mortgage broker, I love to help property investors with their investment finance. If you are buying your first investment or managing a portfolio of multiple properties, I can provide guidance and advice on the most tax efficient ways of structuring debt and property ownership, including the use of trusts and self-managed super funds. I can help build and execute your investment property plan and provide gearing strategies, cashflow forecasts and investment property research, and I can put you in contact with tax depreciation specialists.
The report on Anjaya crt was invaluable it has definitely given us the confidence to go in if we wish to bid on the house to know what it should go for. I have never received this type of service from a broker previously and I appreciate the extra value you have passed on. Definitely worth keeping for your customers I believe, especially in the future when I hope to look for rental properties, just the ability to reduce the number of properties we are looking at is extremely helpful.
George Smpyrakis, Nunawading, VIC
Home loans for recent migrant arrivals
The process of buying a property and arranging the finance in Australia is often very different to other countries. I like to provide guidance and support throughout the whole process to recent migrant arrivals, explaining the steps involved to find and apply for a home loan and providing tips on how to get what you want.
First of all, my wife and I would like to thank you wholeheartedly for your assistance with securing our home loan mortgage with CBA. Owning a home in Melbourne was a dream when we got over here 9 months ago and thanks to you this dream is now true. Transitioning into Australia has been a painful experience but thanks to your professional and excellent service, purchasing our first home was a painless one. We strongly recommend your services to friends and others.
Joseph Abi-Chebli, Vermont, VIC
Time poor professionals
Not everyone has the time to get away in the middle of a work day to sit down and go through their financial situation and goals, and then apply for a home loan. With a very flexible after hours and a remote contact service, I help many clients achieve their property related goals with very little time or effort required from themselves.
Thank you for helping us with all the financial details regarding our new home. Your advice is outstanding and we feel very lucky to have met you. We look forward to having you over to our new place (once it's all tidied up).
Marilou Haddad & David Coombe, Richmond, VIC
Aside from home loans, my experience and qualifications give me the ability to provide personal and general financial advice in the areas of Life Insurance, Income Protection, Investment Advice, Superannuation, Estate Planning and Business Succession Planning. These qualifications include:
- Ceritifcate for Financial Advisers (UK)
- Diploma of Financial Services (Australia)
Authorised Representative number: 311558. Authorised Representative of Professional Investment Services Pty Ltd A.B.N. 11 074 608 558, Australian Financial Services Licence No. 234951
- Diploma of Mortgage Advice (UK)
- Cert IV Mortgage Services (Australia)
This is just a small token of our appreciation to you for your advice on our home loans and other such matters. It is most helpful and always appreciated so thank you very, very much! And we are only sorry that our financial matters are such small potatoes - it is really good of you to still take an interest! Obviously, we have no hesitation in referring anyone we know to you for the full monty now, of all your financial services!
Jocelyn & Allan Saunders, Forest Hill, VIC
Awards and recognition
- Loan Market Group Broker of the Year 2008 (VIC referral Channel)
Customers Melbourne East
Based in Blackburn, I work with home loan clients throughout Melbourne's eastern suburbs, including Hawthorn, Camberwell, Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Kew, Balwyn, Mont Albert, Box Hill, Box Hill North, Blackburn, Blackburn South, Blackburn North, Nunawading, Glen Waverley, Mitcham, Vermont, Vermont South, Forest Hill, Burwood, Mount Waverley, Ashwood, Ashburton and Glen Iris.
Thanks for the info session. It was insightful and extremely helpful in terms of giving us a better idea of what's involved and a relief to know there are people like you out there to help us!
Oliver Ng, Forest Hill, VIC