Are your clients eligible to buy a home while receiving JobKeeper?
Saving for a property deposit can be tricky. Add the stress, complexity and hardship of a global pandemic and your clients are bound to have some questions. I’m here to give you the lowdown on how the home loan process works if your clients are planning to buy a house and are receiving JobKeeper.
Depending on the individual banks or lenders, some will accept JobKeeper payments as income, and some don’t.
JobKeeper can be accepted as income if your clients provide the following:
- Prove their salary has been received in your bank account i.e bank statements.
- Provide a letter from their employer confirming their circumstances have changed in income and why.
- Provide a recent payslip with evidence of JobKeeper payment and previous payslips with their previous income stated.
Banks or lenders will also ask for additional information like:
- Will there be any further changes to your clients working hours?
- Is the JobKeeper payment they’re receiving higher or lower than their usual income.
- If your clients standard working hours have been reduced, are they receiving a salary from their employer? (including JobKeeper payments).
- Have your clients' hours been reduced? Or are they working at their usual capacity with the same hours?
If your clients are considering a home loan while receiving JobKeeper let’s talk. I can help them navigate the process and help answer any questions they have.
Disclaimer: Loan Market Group Pty Ltd, Loan Market Pty Ltd provide this information for discussion purposes only. Whilst all care and attention is taken in its preparation any party seeking to rely on its content or otherwise should make their own enquiries and research to ensure its relevance to your specific personal and business requirements and circumstances. Loan Market Pty Ltd | Australian Credit Licence 390222