Curing the Christmas hangover
Want to avoid the financial hangover this new year? Here are my top 5 tips.
- Consolidate all your debts into one. A lower interest rate and a single repayment every month may leave you with more time to enjoy the holidays with less worry
- See a Financial Planner. A Financial Planner can talk to you about cash flow and budgeting, superannuation and investment strategies to get your new year on track.
- Price shop. If your interest rate is in the 3's it is time to speak to your broker.
- Review household expenses. Most people pay bills such as insurance and electricity without really considering their options. Speak to a broker about your insurance needs and see if you can reduce the costs leaving you with more disposable income to enjoy your summer.
- Make a list and check it twice. Budgeting is a the key to staying on top of your finances. Create a list and stick to it. Avoid adding debt to your credit cards and adding the financial pressure in the new year.
We all know that the festive season is the hardest time of the year to get a handle on your finances. Getting on top of it early may just be the best gift you receive.
As a Loan Market Broker I can help you navigate the lending options available, tell you if your current loan is the most suitable or if there are better options available. I can also arrange for a one on one with a Financial Planner to discuss your planning needs.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.