How to get lenders to fall in love with you
Lenders are in love with borrowers who show good financial habits, particularly now in a shakier-than-usual economy.
Good habits are gold. And it’s never too late to start, even if business is down, your hours have been cut back, or you’re receiving government assistance. I can help you get into a position where lenders still consider you a possibility.
So how do you get lenders to love you in this strange economic climate?
Broadly speaking, home loans are most likely to be leant to borrowers who...
- Are able to make regular repayments
- Have assets to borrow against, like properties, vehicles, and even super
- Have few debts including credit cards, university fees, and other loans
- Have a deposit ready to go… the bigger the better
- Have chosen a property in a good location (not a risky region)
- Don’t have massive monthly expenses chewing up their income
- Have a good credit score (don’t know your score? I can get it for you
- Have proven they know how to budget
- Are working and likely to work for years to come, with a stable and predictable income*
- Are residents of Australia*
*This doesn’t mean to say you can’t get a loan easily through me as your broker, it just means we need to jump through a few additional hoops together!
If your circumstances have changed during COVID, what can you do?
- Chat to me about a simple and successful 3-month-long budget
- Consolidate debts… create one central payment for all your loans
- Access grants available to buyers in this market
- Speak to my wealth adviser colleagues about restructuring your finances
What will you need to show lenders if you want a loan this month?
- Details of other loans, credit cards and debts
- A completed application form (I do this with you)
- Form of ID; passport, licence, letters - you know the drill
- Bank statements (ARGH!).Half a year’s worth! So let’s make them sparkle!
- Pay slips from work if you’re a staff member
- Tax returns from the last two years if you’re small business owners.
Let’s get you on the road to a loan… even if this road’s a little more windy.
*Disclaimer: This document has been created by Loan Market Pty Ltd (ABN 89 105 230 019, Australian Credit Licence no. 390222). It provides an overview or summary only and it should not be considered a comprehensive statement on any matter. You should before acting in reliance upon this information seek independent professional lending or taxation advice as appropriate specific to your objectives, financial circumstances or needs. Information included has been sourced from third parties and has not been independently verified. Accordingly, Loan Market Pty Ltd is not in any way responsible for nor provides any warranty express or implied as to its accuracy or relevance.