How to get my free credit report
How to get my credit report for $0
There are certain circumstances under which you can get a copy of your credit report for $0
- If you have been declined on a credit application you have the right to access your credit reportfor $0 during the 90 days following the date you were declined; and
- If your request relates to checking information has been corrected on your credit report; and
- Once every 12 months
If you request a $0 copy of your credit report because you have been declined for credit, you might be asked to supply a copy of this decline notice with your application.
To obtain a copy of your credit file, despatched to you within ten working days, please complete the Veda file page
You will need to have the following information handy:
1. Your full name
2. Your date of birth
3. Your driver's licence number
4. Two forms of identification including
- a copy of your driver's licence, passport, birth certificate or Proof of Age card, as well as
- a document issued by an official body which includes your name and address (i.e. rates notice, utility bill or bank statement)
5. Your current residential address
6. Your previous addresses
7. Your current employer or a previous employer
8. Name of the organisation to which you last applied for credit
9. A daytime telephone number
10. How you would like your file sent to you, via post, fax or email
Only you may request a copy of your own credit file. For security purposes, prior to receiving your credit file you will be asked to verify your identity.
Please note that credit file applications for the purpose of obtaining a gaming or credit licence are not eligible for the $0 file service. Any applications for this purpose will need to be processed using the express service below.
Should you wish to receive your credit file sooner, an express delivery service is offered for $69.95 and will be despatched to you within one business day.
Once you have obtained your credit report, Krissie can advise you on the appropriate lenders for your circumstance.