Inspiration - meeting Li Cunxin (and more)
A great few days. Briefly meeting Li Cunxin (Mao's Last Dancer) and hearing from him and other inspiring speakers at the Loan Market National Conference. Here's a selection of my favourite quotes from our keynote speakers;
Li Cunxin (Famous through his story "Mao's Last Dancer")
- I constantly strive to have gratitude.
- I hated ballet with a passion, but I knew it was my opportunity.
- There's no big sign saying "treasure this moment" so you can't take a moment for granted.
- When you see a successful person you normally don't see the heartache, challenge and difficulty.
- Have you lived a long life or have you lived your life well.
- Empower customers to make better financial decisions
- The hardest part is getting our minds right
- We don't want "good enough"
- Keep your butterfly nets out to catch good ideas
Chris Helder (The Power of Influence)
- For us to be convincing we need certainty and simplicity in our messages
- You can't check out of your reality so you might as well have a positive approach to it
- Communication is 7% words, 38% tone, and 55% body language
- The most important words are the ones we say to ourselves
- It takes great teams to build great dreams
- You need a daily reminder of why you do this
- To make a dream a reality you have to get uncomfortable.
- Get out (and stay out) of your comfort zone - that's where the magic happens
- The fear of failure has killed more dreams than failure itself
- You are a direct reflection of the top 5 people you spend time with
- Your beliefs dictate your actions
- Live full, die empty
Gus Balbontin (Disruption and Innovation);
- You are at your most vulnerable when you are most successful.
- Fix the customer problem (not your own problem)