Record number of Loan Market businesses shortlisted for the prestigious Better Business Awards
The Loan Market Group is in the running to take out some of Australia’s top industry awards, with a record number of franchisees nominated as finalists for the 2016 Better Business Awards.
The state-based awards programme is hosted by The Adviser, Australia’s top publication for mortgage and finance brokers. Loan Market has been recognised for its significant presence within the industry with 14 award nominations across Australia.
Victoria was the state that achieved the highest number of nominations with six franchisees named as finalists:
- Josh Bartlett - Best Residential Broker
- Loan Market Bendigo - Best Regional Office
- Loan Market Geelong City - Best Regional Office
- Jacob Decru - Rising Star
- Josh Gilbert - Rising Star
- Marios Rokka -Best Finance Broker (The Practice)
South Australia/Northern Territory have an impressive four nominations:
- Bren Rodda - Best Branded Office
- Phil Couch - Best Customer Service
- Carlo Catalano - Best Residential Broker
- Joanne Shorrock - Best Loan Administrator
And New South Wales and Queensland both have two nominations each.
- Jason Basseal (NSW) - Best Residential Broker
- Onur Kocabay (NSW) - Best Aggregator BDM
- Mark Winter (QLD) - Best Customer Service
- Phil Rogers (QLD) - Best Regional Broker
Chairman of Loan Market, Sam White said the award nominations is testament to the hard work of the group’s franchise owners.
“That so many of our members have been recognised for their tremendous contribution to their respective communities reinforces the value of mortgage brokers in Australia. It’s extremely humbling to see our brightest brokers connecting with their community, and engaging with their customers through adopting the Loan Market way,” he said.
Now in its third consecutive year, the Better Business Awards forms part of the award-winning Better Business Summit. Jim Hall, head of mortgages and real estate at Sterling Publishing – publisher of The Adviser – said the awards present a unique opportunity for brokers to build their profile within the industry and for the general public.
“We know that the key to successful broking is building up a local presence. The Better Business Awards provides a unique opportunity to do just this as it celebrates the top performers in each state, as well as those making a genuine difference in their local market,” he said.
The winners of the Better Business Awards will be announced at the state awards dinner in each state: Brisbane - 18 February 2016, Melbourne - 25 February 2016, Sydney - 3 March 2016, Adelaide - 11 March 2016 and Perth - 17 March 2016.